Records with tag "fortifications"

Radziwill's palace

The Palace and Castle ensemble in Niasvizh is situated in the north-east of the town, encircled by the ponds on the river of Uša. The construction of the stone castle was initiated by the first Ordinate of Niasvizh Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł (1549-1616). The construction work began...

Fortifications

In 1586 Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł ordered to townspeople to build a number of fortifications. Till the end of XVI th century the building was mostly finishes. The high earth wall was the main part of the fortification structures. It looked as a pentagon with 7 bastions and covered...