Records with tag "history"

Town Hall

Magdeburg Rights is known from the XIII century. Firstly it acted in Magdeburg, then spread to cities of Eastern Germany, Central and Eastern Europe. It acquired a characteristic features that featured it from the city rights of Magdeburg in Great Duchy of Lithuania. The Town Hall...

Heritage of catholic orders

Niasvizh Catholic Corpus Christi church Niasvizh Catholic Corpus Christi church was built in 1587–1593 according to the design of the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni at sponsorship of Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł. The Jesuit church in Niasvizh was the first...

Radziwill's palace

The Palace and Castle ensemble in Niasvizh is situated in the north-east of the town, encircled by the ponds on the river of Uša. The construction of the stone castle was initiated by the first Ordinate of Niasvizh Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł (1549-1616). The construction work began...

Parks

The memorial boulder "Wishes Stone" The largest in the Old Park memorial boulder is situated not far from the entrance. Antoni Wilhelm Radziwiłł immortalized words of gratitude to his wife on it: "… In recognition of the lasting decoration work in the castle, this stone was mounted for Marie...

Monuments

Eternal flame and Monument to Soviet Soldier The memorial complex was mounted in Niasvizh in post-war period in memory of the liberation of the town from German troops. Niasvizh was captured by advancing German forces almost without a blow at the end of June 1941. Soviet army was...