Records with tag "Radziwills"

Town Hall

Magdeburg Rights is known from the XIII century. Firstly it acted in Magdeburg, then spread to cities of Eastern Germany, Central and Eastern Europe. It acquired a characteristic features that featured it from the city rights of Magdeburg in Great Duchy of Lithuania. The Town Hall...

Heritage of catholic orders

Niasvizh Catholic Corpus Christi church Niasvizh Catholic Corpus Christi church was built in 1587–1593 according to the design of the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni at sponsorship of Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł. The Jesuit church in Niasvizh was the first...

Radziwill's palace

The Palace and Castle ensemble in Niasvizh is situated in the north-east of the town, encircled by the ponds on the river of Uša. The construction of the stone castle was initiated by the first Ordinate of Niasvizh Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł (1549-1616). The construction work began...

Fortifications

In 1586 Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł ordered to townspeople to build a number of fortifications. Till the end of XVI th century the building was mostly finishes. The high earth wall was the main part of the fortification structures. It looked as a pentagon with 7 bastions and covered...

Sculpture park

Vases The rise of the national consciousness of the Belarusians in the end of the 1980s – beginning of the 1990s, the growth of the interest in history and culture were reflected in the elements of park decoration. Three embossed metallic vases had been mounted near the Castle pond by 1992....