The shaft up to 20 meters in height was reinforced with stone. At the corners of the bastions were built 4 defensive towers.
The construction work began in 1583. By the beginning of the 16th century, the construction work had been mainly completed.
The bulwarks housed armouries, oriels, and powder chambers. There were stone stables and secret passages within the earth mound. In the 17th century, four defense towers were erected at the corners of the bulwarks. The approach to the castle was reinforced with a triangular fortification, two access roads leading to it.
Construction and reconstruction work at the palace-and-castle ensemble went on in the 16th-19th centuries, therefore it combined Medieval architectural techniques with the styles of late Renaissance, baroque, classicism, and distinctive art of local craftsmen.
In 2004-2011, the restoration of the Palace and Park Ensemble of the 16th-19th centuries was carried out. The work was carried out at the expense of the republican budget, the fund of the President of the Republic of Belarus for the support of culture and art.