International scientific conference «Niasvizh castle: events, personalities, heritage»
The construction of the stone castle began in 1583 at the initiative of Prince Mikołaj Krzysztof Radziwiłł. It was supposed to be a symbol of power and wealth of the Radziwiłł family. More than four centuries have passed since those times, and the castle has gone through periods of both blooming and decay. Today it is one of the most popular tourist objects of our country and a true visiting card of Belarus.
The main directions of the conference:
- The Radziwiłł family in the history of the Great Duchy of Lithuania and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth;
- Fortification construction in the Great Duchy of Lithuania in the 16th—18th centuries;
- Representatives of the Radzwiłł family as the owners of Niasvizh palace and the fee tail;
- Niasvizh residence during the war and political events of the 17th—20th centuries;
- The formation and destiny of the Radziwiłłs’ collections, archives and libraries;
- The reflection of the palace history in the memoirs and epistolary heritage;
- Construction, reconstructions and restoration of Niasvizh palace;
- Niasvizh as a tourist object: experience and prospects of usage.
Historians, art historians, specialists in the field of genealogy, heraldry, numismatics, specialists in regional studies, museum and library workers, аs well as postgraduate students, master degree holders, and candidates for a degree are welcome to take part in the conference.
The organizers of the conference pay for the stay and meals of the participants.
It is planned to publish a collection of the conference materials.
Place: the 16th-19th centuries palace ensemble in Niasvizh.
Languages: Belarusian, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish.
In order to take part in the conference you need to register on-line at the museum and research Niasvizh web site and send your report to this e-mail address email@example.com. The applications are accepted until 1 August 2018, the reports — until 20 August 2018. The organizing committee has the right to select the materials.
The programme of the conference will be made and sent to the participants after the registration is over.
Personal official invitation is sent upon request.The organizing committee address:
The National Historical-Cultural Museum and Reserve Niasvizh,
19, ul. Leninskaya, Niasvizh, Belarus, 222603
Share on social networks: