It is the only one of five town gates built in the system of urban fortification at the end of the 16th — beginning of 17th centuries which have survived in Niasvizh.
According to T. Makowski’s engraving of the beginning of the 17th century, originally Sluck gate was a small tower with a four-sloped roof. It was separated from the dike with a lifting bridge. During thewarfare of 1654, 1660, the town fortification including the town gates were badly damaged. Under the Royal Privilege of October 29, 1669, they were rebuiltanew. In 1700 (due to some sources in 1760), Sluck gate was reconstructed in Baroque
According to inventories, there was aboxroom for the guards and clerk who collected taxes. Everyone who entered the town had to paycustoms dues. It is indicated on the plate which has preserved in the gate wall to this day. There was Our Lady Chapel with an oak-carved altar on the first floor.
In the 70-s of the 20th century, repair works were carried out in Sluck gate: the façade and roof, oak doors, windows, staircase to the first floor, and balcony facing the town were restored. In September 2007, a general overhaul of the town gate and beautification of itsadjacent territory were completed. The work was carried out at the expense of the republican budget.